Shurlok Lockbox Set-Up Directions
Store Your Key:
*One combination opens the shackle.
*Another combination opens the key storage compartment (this combination can be given to others).
*Easily set the combination of the Shurlok Lockbox at anytime. Simply use a coin or a paperclip to set the combination.
Shurlok Directions for use:
The Shurlok operates on a patented system of two groups of combinations. One combination opens the shackle (initial factory setting is 0-0-0-0) and the second combination opens the sliding key storage door (initial factory setting on 3-3-3-3).
To change the factory default settings and to set your own combination for the Shurlok SL-300 follow the instructions below.
1. Set dials on shackle opening combination (factory default setting is 0-0-0-0) and open the shackle (to insure you are on the correct shackle opening combination).
2. Use a dime or paper clip to turn the change screw 90 degrees (1/4 turn) clock-wise to the vertical position.
Never force the change screw.
If it is difficult to turn, make sure the numbers are lined up and that you have the correct combination. If you are not on the correct shackle opening combination, the change screw will not turn.
3. Set the combination to the desired shackle opening combination, the change screw will not turn.
4. Return the change screw to the original (horizontal) position turning it counter-clockwise 90 Degrees (1/4 turn).
5. The key compartment door combination is automatically set when the new shackle combination is set. Follow the chart below to find the new combination for the sliding door.
Shackle to Door Conversion Chart
Shackle: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Door: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2
Example 1: Shackle Combination is 7724 - The door combination would then be 0057
Example 2: Shackle Combination is 5510 - The door combination would then be 8843
Some Shurlok locks are stiff being new. If the lock will not open the first time, simply press down on the dials to settle them in place.
To change your combination again in the future, you always set the combination to your opening shackle combination prior to turning the change screw.
The Shurlok Lockbox Zero Locking Feature:
The ShurLok Lockbox can be opened in the dark or by the vision-impaired by following the below directions:
1. Roll all the numbers on the dials up and away from you. By doing so, the dials will all stop at zero.
2. Count the clicks up to your combination (Hint: If you will be using this feature often, we recommend setting your combination to lower numbers that are easier to count up to.)